Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Cooking

Our Christmas was filled with lots of amazing food and family. On the food side, I had some exciting triumphs in the kitchen. I recreated a classic Christmas cookie that my Mom used to make. I also put an early Christmas gift to use, a bread stone! With it I made my first Artisan loaf of bread.

"Momma's Spritzer cookies"
Spritzers before icing, plus some cherry chocolate shortbread cookies

My first loaf of bread, could be prettier but I am still happy

It was yummy


Arthur attempted to get into the spirt while I cooked...He found his role as "dropped food tester" most enjoyable. I believe he has now achieved his optimum weight! He came to us about 3-4 pounds under weight.
This holiday season was filled with many blessings and I am excited to see what 2013 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment