Oatmeal Blueberry Basil Muffin
adapted from Cooking with Michelle
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour-I like King Arthur (not just because my dog's name is Arthur)
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ cup basil infused extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt-(I didn't have this so I left it out) DONT LEAVE IT OUT
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 ounces fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners OR just spray pan with baking spray. Mix together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder; set aside.
- Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl and add butter, oil, yogurt and sugar; stir until combined. Pour into flour mixture and mix only until combined, do not over mix, then gently stir in blueberries.
- Scoop into muffin liners or pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow muffins to cool.